2013 Events Calendar
February 16-March 23, 2013 (Saturdays Only)
Conformation Handling Classes
$60 • Session One at 12 noon or Session Two at 1 pm • Spokane Dog Training Club, 2620 North Locust, Spokane Valley
The Spokane Kennel Club six-week conformation handling class will allow handlers the opportunity to practice their dog in a controlled show-like setting and work with an instructor to improve their ring presence. Conformation Handling Class flyer.
March 30, 2013
Spokane Kennel Club AKC Sanctioned B/OB Match
$10 entry fee per class, Closing date is Wednesday, March 27 • Spokane Dog Trainer's Club, 2620 Locust, Spokane Valley
This Match is for beginners and the experienced to showcase their puppies and dogs or for those who may want to learn more about dog shows. At our AKC Sanctioned B/OB match, the less experienced AKC registered dogs and puppies from ages 4 months and up and beginner handlers are encouraged to participate. Spokane Kennel Club members look forward to this event yearly as we showcase our new puppies, become embarrassed with their antics and have lots of fun. We invite other dog lovers to join us in this often hilarious show! Ribbons are awarded. More Info: Chris Moore or Barbara Nelson (509) 328‑7652. Match Entry Form
May 24-26, 2013
Spokane Kennel Club AKC Dog Show, All-Breed Conformation and Obedience
Free Admission ($5 fee for parking) • 8 am–5 pm • Spokane County Fair and Expo Center, Spokane Valley
Featuring over a thousand dogs, this event is fun for the whole family! Top show dogs from across the country will descend upon Spokane on Memorial Day weekend to compete for the impressive title of Best in Show. First held in 1903, the Spokane Kennel Club Dog Show is one of Spokane's oldest and most prestigious sporting events. Don't miss North America's smartest canines who will be competing in the Spokane Kennel Club's Obedience trials. For additional information, contact Barbara Nelson (509) 328-7652, Show Chairman.
AKC Meet the Breeds (In conjunction with the Spokane Kennel Club AKC Dog Show)
AKC Meet the Breeds is a family-friendly event designed to allow breed experts to share their knowledge of dogs with the general public. Each Breed will be highlighted in its own decorated booth. Local Breed Club experts will be on hand with adult dogs and puppies that you can meet and play with. This event is an excellent way to learn about the distinct features and special characteristics of a breed, and is a perfect opportunity to gather information to help determine if a certain breed is right for your family. Breed Club Meet the Breeds Sign-up Form.
September 22, 2013
AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day
Free Admission • 10:30 am–4:00 pm • Valleyfest, Mirabeau Point Park in the Spokane Valley
The AKC and the Spokane Kennel Club are committed to helping dog owners raise happy, healthy dogs that can be kept for the pet’s entire lifetime. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn more about your dog and celebrate the human-canine relationship with AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day! For more information, contact Jacquie Witham.
- Meet many different AKC Breeds and groups
- Take your dog through the 10-step AKC Canine Good Citizen Test cost is $5. This test is certification proving that your dog is a well-manned, member of the community.
- Microchip and vaccination clinic
- Watch action packed demonstrations: Agility, Flyball, Lure Coursing and Obedience by Spokane Kennel Club, Spokane Dog Training Club and Lilac City Dog Training Club.
- Spokane Skyhounds Disc Competition. For more information call John at 509-995-5458.
- Demonstrations by Spokane Police Department K9 Officer, Spokane Valley Fire Department Arson Dog. & US Marshal Explosive Detection K-9.
- Free Children Activities including a Child Safety Course offered by Lilac City Dog Training Club.
- Julia’s Jungle, Spokane Humane Society, SCRAPS & SpokAnimal will be on site with adoptions.
- Blessing of the Animals
- Meet the area's breed clubs, rescue groups and pet-oriented businesses.